Pages

Sunday 4 August 2013

Birthday Kitty Kat....






Afternoon all,

Well its my step-daughters birthday this week so I thought I'd make a cute card.  I had a a decoupage kit from Milton and Co so I thought I'd have a go.

I had a look at some of the challenges for some inspiration and came across 2 that I thought were perfect to help me design the card.

The first was Flat friends challenge which gave me the colour combo of Pink, Grey and Black which I know she would love.  The second was Mojo Monday on the sketch of Round or Square.






First I cut out the Kitty image with a circle die and my big shot.  Then I cut out by hand extra feet and head, body and cake, then an extra head and arm and finally an extra flower.  Then I cut out with a larger circle die some of my Stampin up Melon Mango (pink) card to border the Kitty.  See below



I then chose  Grey glittery card I had from my stock as the basis for the card and use the sketch to make the card. The Black was incorporated in the Stampin up Ribbon and the Sentiment.

Hope you like it I think it is very cute..

 Inside the card I added some white card with some Mango Melon to give it a bit of detail.



Card recipe:
Kitty - Milton & Co
Card - Mango Melon, Grey & white from card stock
Stampin up Ribbon (Retired)
Sentiment: LOTV
Stampin up polka dots
Distressing tool

Challenges:
http://flatfriendschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-11-colour-combo-x.html
http://mojomonday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/mojo-monday-304.html

3 comments:

  1. Love this Vicky! Such a cute card and great layout :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, Jen sent me over here from her blog! Welcome to blogland! Your cards are gorgeous.

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card hun - I love the design and gorgeous image - sorry we can't enter it into our draw (I was trying to find your email address as unfotunately we ask that flatfriends digi's are used to enter on the challenge site) but we've got loads of freebies you can use if you haven't got any of them already which can be found at http://flatfriendschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/p/freebies-x.html - hopefully we'll see you again soon x x

    ReplyDelete